On a grey, cold Sunday, what better way to warm up than with some soup. I adapted this Chicken & Gnocchi Soup recipe to make it my own.
- 200g chicken, cooked and diced (left-over roast chicken is perfect)
- 200g ham
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 package (500g) potato gnocchi
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- In stock pot, melt butter and olive oil together.
- Add leeks, onions, carrots and garlic and cook until onions become translucent.
- Whisk in your flour and let cook for a minute, slowly stir in your water and stock cubes and simmer until it starts to thicken up.
- Meanwhile in pan cook your gnocchi according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Add your milk to your veggie and chicken broth mix and bring to a boil, stir in your seasonings.
- Once at a boil reduce heat and add your gnocchi, spinach, ham and chicken simmering until heated through and thickened.